So here’s the piece that started it all; it’s almost embarrassing to look at now! I began this skull in September of 2012, and finished that December. The entire piece is 10 x 10 inches, and I’m proud to say that I’ve come a long way since then. The skulls I’ve created since this one are more symmetrical, and all have duo-color backgrounds. I’m considering going back and redoing the background for this one, but I’ve got a few projects I have to finish up first.
Since this piece I’ve made about sixteen sugar skull “patches” as well as two 6x6 inch skulls with backgrounds. I never expected them to be as popular as they are, so it’s been an exciting year creating them!